- Kim qualified as a Solicitor in 1992 and has been a member of the Law Society Children Panel since 1999.
- Kim regularly represents the child through their Children’s Guardian.
- She has particular expertise in complex Care Proceedings involving suspected non-accidental injuries, and multi-disciplinary medical evidence and over the years she has seen many cases progress through the Family Courts and to the Court of Appeal.
- In 2014 Kim was the winner of The Lawyer Monthly – Family and Succession Lawyer of the Year Award and has been recognised by the Legal 500 in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Kim’s expertise also includes qualifying as a Mediator in 1998 and as a Collaborative Family Lawyer in 2007.In 2011 Kim qualified as a Resolution Accredited Specialist in Private Law Children and Advocacy, and in 2012 added the Domestic Abuse specialism.
- Kim is also a member of Resolution, the Association of Lawyers for Children, the National Association for Guardians Ad-litem and Reporting Officers, the local Collaborative Law Pod, and she is currently Chair of the East and Mid-Devon Domestic Abuse Forum
A testimonial from an experienced Children’s Guardian
An experienced Children’s Guardian says of Kim:
I’ve known Kim for about 20 years. I first met her when I was a social worker.
I have instructed Kim in my role as children’s guardian for 14 years.
Kim is a pleasure to work with ,level headed with a great sense of humour. She is reliable, fully committed to her job and very competent.
Kim is realistic, practical and gives good sound advice. She is good at interacting with the children we visit.
Why Kim has joined us
Kim explains why she has joined us:
The legal climate is changing. Firms that used to pride themselves on providing a broad spectrum of legal services, including legal aid, are moving away from it.
Ian Walker is different; he is committed to access to justice and to filling the holes that others are leaving behind. Ian is offering a full family service to whoever needs advice or mediation, and (through Legal Aid) whatever their ability to pay.
His vision matches my ethos.
I have known Ian for a long time and I am really excited to be joining his team.
A combined 39 years of Children Panel Membership
This means that between Kim and Ian we have 39 years of Children Panel membership in our practice.