Join our team
We have come a long way in our first six years. In this time I have built a strong team of experienced Family Lawyers including 4 team members who are former partners/heads of family law at former firms.
The family law market is changing and we believe that the best way forward for both our clients and ourselves is to build a skills based niche practice, utilising technology. Rather than utilising so called smart pricing, we believe clients want openness about pricing. This is why we have always published our charge rates.
We believe that the future of sustainable family law practice requires a commitment to utilising all forms of sensible dispute resolution including mediation, collaborative family law, arbitration and being open any new forms which develop. We encourage our team to gain accreditations and skills. We are fully committed to the values of Resolution. We don’t just pay lip service to Resolution values.
We enjoy being family lawyers, We enjoy each others company and working together. We don’t like office politics or working for people who don’t understand what we do.
Our administrative base is in Honiton because it is convenient – we are adjacent to A30 with a good carpark. Our Taunton office is 30 mins on a scenic drive over the Blackdown Hills; Our Exeter Office is slightly nearer, and we can time meetings to avoid the Exeter rush hour. (Honiton also has a good catchment area). Our strategy has been successful.
We are looking for likeminded lawyers to share our success
Over the last couple of years we have built a very strong and experienced team.
We are genuine team: Personality is very important. (A love of curry is also desirable).
We have access to a premium law library and practice support. Gaining and maintaining panel memberships is encouraged.
There are definite partnership opportunities for the right person.
We have the following opportunities:
Ambitious Solicitor – divorce and finance specialist
We are looking for an ambitious solicitor with ambitions to join our equity.
- Good academic background.
- Good grounding in divorce/finance law (ideally within a larger practice/team)
- Good IT skills
- A team player with sense of humour
- Passion for family law
- Ideally practicing in Devon /Somerset with Exeter connections.
- Enjoys networking/practice development
- Partnership ambitions
Genuine long term opportunities.
Solicitors – Experienced – Fee Share
We are always looking for solicitors with:
- Good and experienced family law specialists with a track record
- Child law or divorce/finance
- Probably with partnership experience but fed up with glass ceilings, partnership politics, management – who just want to do the work they enjoyed doing in the first place without having to put up with the nonsense.
- A desire to work flexibly and willingness to fee share
- Good IT skills
- A team player
- Passion for family law
- Flexible working -including homeworking – but you will need to come into the office in Honiton for a day each week. You will be based in Devon or Somerset. We can consider new locations
- Fee share can easily accommodate part time working.
Help me grow the business and have greater control of your future.
We would also be pleased to hear MIAMs approved and accredited Mediators. You would able to help grow our mediation service, particularly in Exeter and Taunton.
We like fee sharing – the advantage of fee sharing is the we are not going to pressure you to earn fees of £100,000 or more. We will work together for our mutual long term advantage.
Can you help us to grow?
Please send your CV and covering letter to Ian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Being open minded and creative (see our values); we are certainly very willing to consider any opportunities which may arise. We are recruiting for long term growth.
Committed to Legal Aid
Our tender for 2018 Legal Aid contracts for Family Law and Mediation has been successful and has been verified by the Legal Aid Agency
Our Legal Aid Mediation Contract allows us to work from locations in; Exeter, Honiton and Taunton.
Non-legally aided work is not limited to any geographic location.
We should also add that unfortunately we are not in a position to offer students at any level work experience.