Family Law and Mediation Limited registered office is East Devon Business Centre, Heathpark Way, Honiton EX14 1SF
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website
- people who do business with us or register for our service
Providing visitors with anonymous access
You can browse our Site without disclosing your personal data.
The information we collect about you
When you do business with us or register for our service or make an enquiry we collect the following personal information from you:
- postal address, email address and telephone number
- the name of the other party (to undertake a conflict of interest check)
- information about the nature of the case sufficient for us to understand whether we can assist and if so, who the most appropriate member of our team is to assist.
- Sufficient information about your means to form an initial view as to whether you may be eligible to receive legal aid.
- After we have accepted instruction we will collect sufficient information about you to enable us to provide legal and mediation services.
- Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies)(Also such as court documents, social services records, medical records) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us to provide legal and mediation services.
How we will use the information about you
We gather this information to allow us to provide the services requested and for our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations . The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for promotional purposes. This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal data with the utmost respect and never sell OR share it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
contacting us by email on email@example.com
Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
How we protect your information
We do not give visitors to our Site the option of using a secure transmission method to send us their personal data, unless otherwise indicated. Accordingly, your attention is drawn to the fact that any information carried over the Internet is not secure; information can be intercepted, lost, redirected, changed and read by other people.
However, Family Law and Mediation Limited acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the information you provide to us. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to Ian Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Ian Walker, Family Law and Mediation Limited, Heathpark Way, Honiton, Devon EX141SF
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Family Law and Mediation Limited changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to to Ian Walker at email@example.com or send a letter to Ian Walker, Family Law and Mediation Limited, Heathpark Way, Honiton, Devon EX14 1SF . You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
How and why we use your personal data
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- you have given consent.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
We are also using your personal data for our legitimate interests or a those of a third party (you) / To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How long your personal data will be kept
We will keep your personal data after we have finished advising or acting for you. We will do so for one of these reasons:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- to show that we treated you fairly;
- to keep records required by law.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data. A copy of our records retention schedule is available on request.
How to contact Family Law and Mediation Limited
Links to other websites