I founded Ian Walker Family Law and Mediation Solicitors in 2013 because I wanted to use technology to build a progressive practice to assist our clients to find the best solutions for their family cases,
Family disputes/problems are often made more complicated because those involved can make bad decisions based on emotion.
Bad decision making can have irreversible consequences. That’s why it is so important to get good legal advice.
As experienced specialists we can assist our clients in a clear headed way to make better decisions. We help our clients to make best use of the most appropriate dispute resolution option for their situation. These include: Legal advice and representation, collaborative family law, neutral family mediation and impartial family arbitration. We specialise in all these options.
At the prestigious Modern Law Awards 2020 we were recognised as: Boutique (specialist) Law Firm of the Year (11+ Employees)
Our Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement is:
- To set standards of excellence in the practice of Family Law and Mediation.
- To offer top city centre expertise in accessible locations.
- To be transparent about how we charge.
- To offer all family dispute resolution options.
- To provide an outstanding service.
Call our experienced Family Law Solicitors, Divorce Lawyers or Mediators now
CALL: 03339 390188
Exeter (Head Office): 01392 248113
Bath: 01225 809399
Bristol: 0117 911 1215
Honiton: 01404 819098
Plymouth: 01752 545244
Shaftesbury: 01747 898332
Taunton: 01823 429183
Torquay: 01803 895228
Wells: 01749 987446
Weston-Super-Mare: 01934 806223
Yeovil: 01935 804466
Or find your local expert:
To put it another way…
We want to combine:
- the expertise of being specialists who concentrate on one area of law
- the quality standards of large corporate law firms
- the accessibility of High Street firms
- and to be progressive and modern in our approach
To achieve this:
- We have built one of the most experienced teams of specialist family law solicitors in the South West.
- We have built an extensive network of office locations from where we meet clients across the South West. The firm is run efficiently from our own modern offices in Exeter.
- We make extensive use of flexible and smart working and software solutions which meant that we were comfortably able to cope with the 2020. Our resources include the same top level family law library and practice support service used top national solicitors, cutting-edge (at least for the law industry) client on boarding software.
- We have built a widely admired website containing a wealth of freely available information.
- We have always openly published our hourly charge rates on our website. We are always happy to discuss charging options.
- We have achieved the Law Society Lexcel Accreditation which demonstrates we are a well-run organisation.
- Our founder: Ian Walker was highly commended in the 2019 Law Society Excellence Awards in the category of practice manager. (We have only sparingly put ourselves forward for this type of thing because our main priority has been progressing the business and the services that we offer).
- We remain highly committed to the best practice promoted by Resolution. Ian Walker is the long-standing chair of the Devon region of Resolution and sits on the national dispute resolution committee. Lauren Preedy who is the head of our Divorce Team is the chair of Somerset region of Resolution
- We continue to offer a Legally Aided service to those who qualify.
There is a lot of information on our website. There is more about our history in the history section and about our individual team members in our team section.
We want to help our clients to achieve the best outcomes to their family law related problems in the right way. However, we cannot help you unless you get in touch with us. Please give us a call… Thanks.