Opportunities within our Support Team
As a growing practice, opportunities within our support team do arise from time to time.
When vacancies do arise, we will post them here. We will also normally advertise through LinkedIn and Indeed and possibly the website of the Devon and Somerset Law Society.
You are always welcome to send a CV to our Head of HR namely email@example.com . There is never any harm in a speculative application.
Current Opportunity (November 2020)
Below is a current opportunity (November 2020). We have pasted the advert that is live on the Law Society Gazette and Devon and Somerset Law Society Website.
We are particularly interested to hear from applicants who have experience from working with compliance in larger/corporate/legal 500 law firms. We are happy to consider applications from lawyers who have gone down the compliance route with their careers as well as non-lawyers who have a good track record with compliance.
This particular opportunity arises following our end of (financial) year planning and appraisal process. These processes are a good opportunity to review the needs of the business for the next. 2020 has seen significant growth in our practice and we have exciting plans for 2021. By creating a new compliance and risk manager role – this will assist us to progress the practice even further over the next few years.
Call our experienced Family Law Solicitors, Divorce Lawyers or Mediators now
CALL: 03339 390188
Exeter (Head Office): 01392 248113
Bath: 01225 809399
Bristol: 0117 911 1215
Honiton: 01404 819098
Plymouth: 01752 545244
Plymouth (Plympton): 01752 545244
Shaftesbury: 01747 898332
Taunton: 01823 429183
Torquay: 01803 895228
Wells: 01749 987446
Weston-Super-Mare: 01934 806223
Yeovil: 01935 804466
Or find your local expert:
Quality Compliance and Risk Manager
Fast growing, Legal 500 Niche Family Law Solicitors Practice – Various Options – ££Competitive
Ian Walker founded Ian Walker Family Law and Mediation Solicitors in 2013. We have grown from being Ian and a computer, into one of the strongest teams of family lawyers in the South West.
We have grown significantly during 2020. We are very busy, and we are looking for an additional member of our business support team.
- Legal 500, Winners of the Modern Law Awards 2020 – Boutique Law Firm (11+ employees)
- We have good IT / paperless working / everyone could work from home if we wanted. (Based on SOS connect plus case management and Microsoft Small business 365 – plus additional software solutions)
- We are based in modern offices in Exeter and have a network of offices/locations from where we (normally) meet clients which is currently: Bath, Bristol, Honiton, Plymouth, Shaftesbury, Taunton, Torquay, Wells, Weston-Super-Mare and Yeovil.
- We are committed to being a friendly and inclusive practice and we have a pool table in our office. We are also Real Living Wage Employers. The input of all team members is always valued.
- You will work with our practice manager, finance manager and managing Partner to assist in the delivery of Lexcel compliance and outstanding client care. This will include working with fee earners and our support team to ensure that our quality, compliance, and risk systems are always fully implemented.
- You will assist in the improvement of our systems including the ongoing training of the legal team.
- Largely based in our Exeter office, but with scope for occasional homeworking.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Ideally you will have good recent experience in a similar role with a legal 500/Lexcel Law Firm.
- You will have excellent IT skills
- Full-time and part-time options will be considered.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application
Applications in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org