Who we are
This website is operated by Family Law and Mediation Limited Trading as Ian Walker Family Law and Mediation Solicitors. We are a firm of solicitors trading through a limited company. We also offer a mediation service.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to with the intention of assisting you to access relevant information.
Call our experienced Family Law Solicitors, Divorce Lawyers or Mediators now
CALL: 03339 390188
Exeter (Head Office): 01392 248113
Barnstaple: 01271 827555
Bath: 01225 809399
Bristol: 0117 911 1215
Dorchester : 01305 896776
Frome: 01373 887331
Honiton: 01404 819098
Plymouth: 01752 545244
Plymouth (Plympton): 01752 545244
Poole: 01202 090063
Shaftesbury: 01747 898332
Taunton: 01823 429183
Torquay: 01803 895228
Wells: 01749 987446
Weston-Super-Mare: 01934 806223
Yeovil: 01935 804466
Or find your local expert:
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies—these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache
- Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided
- Performance cookies—these cookies collect information about how you use our website, eg which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works
- Functionality cookies—these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites
The cookies we use
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why
The cookies we use and what they do:
Jetpack -Similar to Google analytics – used to collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our site, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from and the pages visited. We use the information to help us improve our site
WordPress test cookies – used to determine whether cookies can be stored when attempting a log-in to the forums;
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (eg to enable you to put items in your shopping basket and use our check-out process).
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email email@example.com
Changes to this policy
This policy was published on 14 November 2018 and last updated on 14 November 2018
We may change this policy from time to time, when we do we update this notice on our website