Torquay Family Law Solicitors
We are a leading firm of specialist family law solicitors across the South-West and our services are available to clients in Torbay.
Our team of Torquay Family Law Solicitors is led by Nicole Phare.
Nicole Phare enjoyed a long career in the law before qualifying as a family law solicitor in 2005 and has worked in and around Torquay for most of her career.
Child law specialist Torquay
Nicole specialises in representing children and parents and grandparents in cases involving social services. These include where Torbay Council or Devon County Council have applied for an interim care order or interim supervision order.
Outcomes in these cases can be that children are returned to the care of their parents with safety concerns having been addressed, or children are placed with grandparents and/or other family members through Special Guardianship Orders.
Divorce Lawyer Torquay
Nicole’s other specialism is divorce. Nicole represents both husbands and wives who are divorcing. As with all our team, Nicole is a member of the family law solicitor’s organisation Resolution and is committed to achieving sensible and fair and realistic outcomes where the needs of children are very much the first consideration.
Call our experienced Family Law Solicitors, Divorce Lawyers or Mediators now
CALL: 03339 390188
Exeter (Head Office): 01392 248113
Barnstaple: 01271 827555
Bath: 01225 809399
Bristol: 0117 911 1215
Dorchester : 01305 896776
Frome: 01373 887331
Honiton: 01404 819098
Plymouth: 01752 545244
Plymouth (Plympton): 01752 545244
Poole: 01202 090063
Shaftesbury: 01747 898332
Taunton: 01823 429183
Torquay: 01803 895228
Wells: 01749 987446
Weston-Super-Mare: 01934 806223
Yeovil: 01935 804466
Or find your local expert:
A long history of representing family law clients in Torquay.
Our director Ian Walker and family law specialist solicitor Sandy Powell have also worked in South Devon/Torquay family law solicitor teams.
Sandy Powell and Ian Walker are both long-standing members of the Law Society Children Panel and represent children and parents and grandparents in cases brought by social services. In addition, and like Nicole, Ian Walker and Sandy Powell are also divorce specialists.
Over the years, Nicole Phare, Ian Walker and Sandy Powell have assisted many families who live in Torquay, Paignton, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, and Dawlish.
We regularly represent clients in cases in Torquay County Court.
Why choose to instruct us?
Our Torquay Family Law Solicitors Team is supported by our wider team. There are lots of good reasons to instruct us which include:
- Our lawyers have a long history of successfully representing clients in Torquay and Paignton and Brixham and Newton Abbot and across South Devon in their family law cases.
- We are one of the largest teams of specialist family lawyers in the South-West.
- We are a progressive team of family lawyers with a long history of promoting best practice. Our founder, Ian Walker, has been the Chair of the Devon Region of Resolution for a decade. Our team also includes Lauren Preedy who is the Chair of the Somerset region of Resolution. Ian Walker has previously served on the Law Society’s Family Law Committee and as a trustee of the Family Mediators Association
- We are recognised as a leading firm of family lawyers in the independently researched Legal 500.
- We have also been recognised by our peers – being named the Boutique Law Firm (11+ employees) in the 2020 Modern Law Awards. Ian Walker was also highly commended in the in the practice manager category of the national Law Society Excellence Awards 2019
- We are open about our charges. Unlike most law firms, we have always published our hourly charging rates on our website.
- Other innovations include our client service guarantee and our Divorce Support Club. With the Divorce Support Club, our clients can attend a free private group meeting with a respected divorce coach each month.
- Our team includes leading LGBT+ solicitor Bridget Garrood – who is also a past chair of Devon Resolution.
- There is real strength and depth across our team – see our team page – but this we have considerable experience within the team both to deal with complex financial cases and complex children law cases.
- As a progressive practice, we have developed a training and development platform, which means we have a larger number of trainee solicitors within our team in comparison to other solicitors of a similar size. This assists with client service – but also feeds into dynamism within the practice – where we are all seeking constant improvement and sharing knowledge and skills – which is to everyone’s benefit including our clients.
We are able to meet with clients in Torquay Business Centre at Lymington Road, Torquay.
We selected this as a location because it is easily accessible from all parts of Torquay, the offices at Torquay business centre have good disabled access.
Torquay Family Law Solicitors
We are able to meet family law clients in Torquay by appointment at:
Torbay Business Centre,
Torquay TQ1 4BD
Telephone: 01803 895228