Award winning South West Family Law Solicitors seeks top talent to join our team (various roles)
We are the very proud to have been named as the Modern Law Boutique Law Firm 2020 (11+ employees). This follows closely our founder and managing partner being highly commended in the category of practice manager at the Law Society Excellence Awards 2019.
Based in Devon and Somerset
We are a fast growing and innovative family law practice with office locations across Devon and Somerset. We are in the process of relocating our main centre to nice new offices in Exeter.
We are committed to the best practice of family law. We are active Resolution members. Ian Walker is the long-standing Chair of Resolution’s Devon Region. Ian is also a member of Resolution’s DR committee.
All areas of family law practice
We practice all areas of family law from high-value divorce to legal aid childcare law to collaborative law and family mediation. We value the commitment of all our team and are a real living wage employer.
We have exciting plans for 2020/21 and are currently recruiting for the following:
- Head of Divorce/Finance
- Head of Public Law Children
- Head of Private Law Children
These are all roles for experienced family lawyers. In all cases the successful candidate would be responsible for the management and development of their team. They would work alongside our existing highly experienced team members in a supportive environment.
There are equity prospects for the right candidates.
In addition, we are also seeking:
- Finance Manager
Our ideal candidate for this role is a qualified accountant who has good experience working within the law industry. The successful candidate would be responsible for the financial management of the practice (in conjunction with and Managing Partner) and would be tasked with improving our financial performance. Again, there are equity prospects for the right candidate.
All these roles are employed. Salaries offered will be competitive.
We also have opportunities for family lawyers with all levels of PQE
In addition, we are also very happy to receive CVs from family lawyers of all levels of PQE. Positions could be either as fee share consultant’s or salaried employees – depending upon preference and circumstance.
All candidates will need:
- Excellent IT skills.
- a commitment to the highest professional standards and self-improvement (e.g. obtaining relevant qualifications and panel membership is encouraged).
- a good sense of humour and commitment to team working.
A bit more about us
We were founded by Ian Walker seven years ago and our rapid growth has been driven by client demand and the coming together of a very experienced team of family law specialists.
- Our IT is all cloud-based and homeworking/smart working and flexible is positively encouraged.
- We have gained and retained Lexcel Accreditation 6.1 with minimal non-compliances#
- We have Legal Aid Contracts for family law and for mediation (which means we could offer a route to mediation accreditation if that were wanted).
- We have built and maintained a strongly performing website (traffic has increased by more than 4x even in the last year).(More improvements are also in the pipeline).
- We have established a business model which has delivered a growth in turnover of around 50% each year for the last 5 years.
- We all enjoy working together and have a good team ethic.
How to apply/find out more
Please email and/or send your C.V. in confidence to Ian Walker; email@example.com