Outstanding and ambitious child law specialist lawyer needed
We have one of the strongest child law teams in the South West, which includes 3 current and 2 lapsed Children Panel Members. There is between 80 – 100 years of children panel membership between our team!
We regularly receive instructions to act for children and as agents for a local authority.
We remain committed to Child Law Legal Aid work.
We are now looking to add to our team.
Ambitious Solicitor – Child Law specialist
We are looking for an ambitious solicitor with ambitions to join our equity.
- Good academic background.
- Good grounding in child law (ideally within a larger practice/team)
- Existing Children Panel Member or ambitions to join children panel
- Willingness to undertake advocacy
- Good IT skills
- knowledge of legal aid and good time recording discipline
- A team player with sense of humour
- Passion for child law
- Ideally practicing in Devon /Somerset or South West
- Enjoys networking/practice development
- Partnership ambitions
We have Lexsis PSL and Library
There are definite partnership opportunities for the right person.
Why join us?
- The practice is run by Ian Walker – who is one of our children panel lawyers – so you don’t need to worry about our commitment to children law!
- You will have the opportunity to work with and to learn from specialists; Ian, Kim Stradling and Sandy Powell.
- We are not getting younger, so we need a dynamic children lawyer to maintain the balance within the team.
- We have a good IT structure which supports cloud working, flexible working and paperless working – which is important in maintaining a financially viable practice in the face of the pressures of legal aid funding.
- The number of firms offering a legally aided service continues to reduce. The level of care work continues to rise. Therefore best to have safety in numbers.
- Realistically – it is ever increasingly difficult for a lawyer with a legal aid practice to achieve equity in a multi-service practice. However there are no glass ceilings on ambition with us. Quite the opposite, we need to recruit into our equity in the medium to long term. So the opportunity is genuine.
- We are Lexcel accredited and the business is in good financial health.
- We are all based in Honiton – good location, no traffic jams in the morning, car park outside our font door. We move around our network as we need to.
- Because you will love working with us!
Please send your CV and covering letter in confidence to Ian at firstname.lastname@example.org