We are one of the leading firms of Family Law Solicitors in Devon and Somerset.
We use our experience to give our clients good advice. This helps them to make good and informed decisions about their particular Family Law related problems. These can include problems of Separation and Divorce, Child Arrangements or Social Services cases.
Excellence in Family Law legal practice
Our Mission Statement is to set standards of excellence in the practice of Family Law and Mediation. It is to assist our clients to find the best solutions for their family, in a way that is child focused, cost effective and which is as un-traumatic as possible.
We aim to offer excellence in practice, but with more affordable charges. We do not have fancy offices, but we do invest in having a top level family law legal library and practice support. We invest in keeping up to date and maintaining panel memberships.
From this page you can follow links to find out more about different aspects of Family Law and about finding solutions to family problems. There is also some information about us.
These pages look at what services we offer from a Legal perspective. We are both a firm of specialist family law solicitors and a neutral mediation service.
One of the most experienced teams of Family Law Solicitors in Exeter, East Devon, Torquay, Taunton and Weston-Super-Mare
Our Founder; Ian Walker is well known and respected in the world of family law, both locally and nationally.
In our team Ian is joined by Kim Stradling, David Howell-Richardson and Sandy Powell, all of whom were Partners and Head of Family Law Teams at previous practices. We believe this makes us the greatest concentration of this level of experience in the South West.
Our Lawyers are;
- Ian Walker – Solicitor/Mediator/Arbitrator/Director. Specialist in dispute resolution. Children Panel Member, Collaborative Lawyer, Resolution Specialist. Chair of Devon Resolution. Former member of Law Society Family Law Committee and Former Trustee of Family Mediators Association.
- Kim Stradling – Consultant Solicitor. Specialist in child law. Children Panel Member. Previously Partner and Head of Family at Everys Solicitors.
- Fiona Griffin – Consultant Solicitor. Divorce/finance specialist.
- Sandy Powell – Associate Solicitor. Specialist in both child law and divorce/finance. Children Panel member. Resolution Specialist. Previously Partner and Head of Family at Dunn and Baker Solicitors.
- David Howell-Richardson – Consultant Solicitor/Mediator. Specialist in both child law and divorce/finance. Children Panel member. Previously Partner and Head of Family at Trowers and Hamlins Solicitors and Stones Solicitors.
- Nicole Phare – Consultant Solicitor. Divorce/finance and Child Law specialist.
- Carrie Meikle -Associate Solicitor. Specialist in child law. Resolution Specialist.
- Karen Elliott – Consultant Chartered Legal Executive. Specialist in divorce/finance and child law
- Imogen Powell – Assistant Solicitor. Specialist in divorce/finance and child law
We are one of the larger Family Law Teams in Devon and Somerset
There are links to various pages on our website in the tabs above and also through the buttons below.
- What are the options when you split up?
- Financial Arrangements and Divorce
- Our approach to Divorce
- Divorce Process
- Business Clients
- Your Children and Divorce
- Divorce Information
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Planning ahead to avoid problems later
- Tips for Family Law
- Child Law
- Care Proceedings
- Cases with Social Services
- Moving Overseas
- Child Law Accreditation
- What to do if Social Services have concerns about your parenting
- Resolving Cases
- Family Mediation
- Collaborative Family Law
- Splitting up
- Family Mediation
- Cases Suitable for Arbitration
- Working together for the benefit of your children
- How too much advice too soon can make it harder to solve the problem
- Arbitration Costs