We always do our best to follow best practice when assisting clients. This includes:
- Following the Resolution Code of Practice
- Making use of the various good practice guides published by Resolution
- Encouraging parties to achieve sensible and negotiated solutions which put the needs of their children first.
- Encouraging the use of mediation and other forms of dispute resolution
- Being open about costs – not many solicitors openly publish their charging rates on their websites. Legal services are expensive – being open about charging rates is important.
We also believe that it is important to participate in local stakeholder groups. For example – Ian Walker is the Chair of the Devon Region of Resolution. We participate in the mid and East Devon Domestic Abuse Forum. Since we opened we have provided training to East Devon Family Centres and Domestic Abuse Services.
If you are involved in an organisation which would benefit from some training on family law related issues please let us know.