My new fixed fee scheme for Hybrid Family Mediation
I have today launched my new Fixed Fee Scheme for Hybrid Family Mediation. I am a member of the ADR Group Hybrid Family Mediation Panel and an Accredited Family Mediator and Accredited Civil Mediator. These are the required qualifications to offer this effective way to help clients and Solicitors find solutions to family cases. It is especially suited to Divorce finance cases. You will find more detail in the document downloads at the bottom of this post. (you may have to go through “read more”)
The Key Points
- Fixed fee rates from £500 +VAT per person for the whole mediation (comparable to £1000 each or so using the standard mediation model)
- MIAM form FM1 included if the mediation fails (typically £100 +VAT for a stand alone assessment)
- I will travel to you.
- Travel time and costs included within a range of about an hour from my office in Honiton (if further then a modest additional charge)
- It’s much quicker than typical family mediation. From the point of assessment for suitability for family mediation to preparation of final summaries can easily take 4/5 months. The actual mediation under the hybrid model takes place on one day only, and the Solicitors prepare a final agreement for Court approval at the end of it. (in the normal family model, that can easily take another month!)
- The Solicitors are able to do a proper job, gathering information, giving advice and supporting their clients. A criticism of mediation that I often hear from specialist Divorce Solicitors is that in normal family mediation the financial disclosure hasn’t been gathered or properly tested sufficiently thoroughly. This can leave clients vulnerable. Not with the hybrid model! The Mediation doesn’t take place until the Solicitors are happy that it is ready. (to be fair to Mediators, it can be difficult to get clients to provide documentation).
- Ideally the mediation day is booked at the outset, meaning everyone is committed to finding a negotiated solution from the start of the case. This means it is more likely to settle.
- Using the civil style of mediation means that the hybrid mediation can deal with more complex cases.
- For very complex cases, I can give a quote and include an additional experienced mediator
Take a look at the documents below (you may have to go through “read more” to get to them). If you are Solicitor give me a call and I will talk you through the model and I can book a date.
If you are someone who wants to resolve their case effectively, and quickly, give me a call and I can book a date, and put you in touch with an accredited Solicitor who understands the benefits of this model.