Modern Law Awards: Ian Walker Family Law Solicitors are Boutique Law Firm of 2020
We are very proud to have been named as Boutique Law Firm of 2020 (11+ Employees) at the prestigious Modern Law Awards in Manchester on 6 February 2020.
The Modern Law Awards
The Eclipse Proclaim Modern Law Awards were launched to celebrate and identify sparkling talent and success in entrepreneurship, market development, business management and best practice in the modern legal services arena.
The Judges included:
- Simon Davis: President of the Law Society
- Michael Napier CBE QC (Hon); former President of the Law Society and for 30 years the senior partner with leading practice Irwin Mitchell.
- Professor Thom Brooks FAcSS FHEA FRHisS FRSA: Dean of Durham Law School, Chair in Law & Government.
- Sarah Walker-Smith; Chief Executive of leading practice Shakespeare Martineau LLP.
- Tony Fisher: Senior Partner of leading practice Fisher Jones Greenwood.
The category in which we were recognised was Boutique Law Firm of the Year (11+ Employees)
These are prestigious awards and there were a lot of entries. We are honoured to have been singled out for recognition.
Ian Walker was highly commended at the Law Society Excellence Awards last Autumn, but this award is special to us because it recognises the very hard work of all of our team.
All of our team have played a big role in our success. What we have achieved together in the last 7 years has been incredible – a real team effort.
What did we need to demonstrate for the Judges?
The criteria against which we were judged were:
- Being a firm who practices in a niche/specific area of law
- Being a practice that has performed exceptionally in terms of establishing itself in its chosen market
- That within the last year, we have demonstrated extensive development and progress as a business, including, but not limited to; strategy, growth, financial performance, employee development, diversity and training
- Being an innovative practice that can demonstrate its ability to creatively and effectively compete with multi-practice firms
- Being a practice that exceeds the expectations of basic client care and professionalism
Some of our achievements in the last year
These have included:
- New offices in Torquay and Weston-Super-Mare to add to our existing offices in Exeter, Honiton, Taunton and Yeovil.
- Adding Fiona Griffin ad Nicole Phare to our team which is one of the most experienced team of family lawyers in the South West.
- The introduction of our Client Service Guarantee.
- A 50% growth in turnover as a result of increased client demand.
- The introduction of new software solutions.
- The commencement of our own trainee lawyer programme with on emphasis on increasing access to the legal profession.
- Ian being highly commended at the Law Society Excellence Awards.
Modern Law Awards 2020 – 6 February 2020
Unfortunately we couldn’t take the whole team to Manchester. On the night we were represented by Ian Walker.
We would like to say a big thank you to Modern Law and to the Judges and everyone on the night for making us so welcome.
We also wish to congratulate the other winners and say a big thank you to all who were shortlisted and to all who entered.
It was a fantastic night!