Opportunity for outstanding Family Lawyer – Finance and/or Children
We are a little over midway through the year and are feeling very inundated with good quality work.
This means we are at a stage where we could really benefit from adding to our legal team.
We have a versatile team led by Ian Walker (Chair Devon Resolution). Kim Stradling, Sandy Powell and David Howell-Richardson have been partners and heads of family law at previous practices. We have built a strong team of experienced practitioners.
Our main base is in Honiton in the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty but we also have offices in Exeter, Taunton and Yeovil.
We are particularly looking for someone to help us grow our Exeter office (within the Senate, Southernhay Gardens)
- We have verified our Legal Aid Contract Tender for Family Law and Family Mediation
- We make good use of IT using SOS Connect and Lexis PSL and are currently moving toward a paperless office.
- We benefit from being niche. Our website traffic has tripled since 2015. As a practice we are agile and open to new opportunities.
- For the right candidate there are equity prospects.
- Possibility of fee share or employment or mix
- We are open to applications from finance or child law specialists or perhaps family generalists who now wish to specialise. We can adjust the role to right person.
We have an experienced and respected team. We have grown through recommendation and good business planning.
We enjoy the work we do. It is important to us that we do our work in the right way; also, that we all get on with each other and that we are a genuine team. No office politics please. We have a commitment to Legal Aid and fair charging.
We will be pleased to hear from candidates with all levels of experience. What is important is that they either are already or want to become an outstanding family lawyer who wants be part of our growth.
Most importantly we are looking for someone who will fit into the team, who is hardworking and self-motivated with a good sense of humour.
- Passion for family law
- Technical knowledge; demonstrated by panel memberships or willingness to gain
- Resolution Member
- Team player
- Car owner and Clean driving licence
- Tidy and organised
- Experience of working in another leading family law team
- Advocacy skills
- Willingness to attend networking events/ interest in practice development
- Outstanding IT skills
- Familiarity with SOS connect case management software
- Knowledge of legal aid including legal aid agency case management system
- Good academic background
- Already based in Exeter/Devon
Apply with letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at https://familylawandmediation.co.uk/