We are recruiting: Family Law Solicitor – Child Law
We are recruiting a solicitor who is either a member of the Law Society children panel or who has ambitions to join.
We already have one of the strongest child law teams in the south-west. This includes three current members of the Law Society child law panel and two former members.
We regularly represent parents, children, grandparents and undertake local authority agency work.
Our practice is owned and run by Ian Walker who is one of our children panel members – so you won’t have to worry about our commitment to children law! (In the last 10 years quite a number of firms – some of whom have had large and reputable child law teams – have surrendered their legal aid contracts).
- We are a dynamic and growing practice. Our managing partner has been shortlisted for practice manager of the year in the 2019 Law Society Excellence Awards.
- There is an opportunity to work with and learn from our existing team. This includes Kim Stradling who is one of the leading child law solicitors in the south-west.
- Our IT structure is cloud-based and easily supports flexible working and homeworking and paperless working.
- We hold Lexcel accreditation. We have the practice support you would expect including LEXIS PSL and software to create our own electronic bundles.
- We a happy to consider both fee share consultancy and employment.
- As the legal market develops it is becoming increasingly obvious that niche practice’s such as ourselves enjoy a competitive advantage over traditional high Street practices.
- We attract quality work from across our office network which is in Exeter, Taunton, Torquay, Honiton, Yeovil and Weston-super-Mare.
This is a fantastic opportunity with long-term prospects.
the successful candidate:
- will have a passion for children law
- will have good/good IT skills
- will have willingness to undertake advocacy
- will be a team player with a sense of humour
- will have a good knowledge of legal aid and good time recording discipline
- they will either be a member of the Law Society children panel or ambitions to gain membership as soon as possible
A bit more about the job
Everyone in our team is theoretically based in Honiton office – which is the central location in our office network. This means they need to come into the office at least once a week so that they are fully part of the team (no competing and divisive branch cultures for us). However, there is very ample scope for flexible working.
Being based in Honiton has advantages. Our office is next to the A30 and has ample free parking. It is a 30 minute drive to central Taunton and to central Exeter. It is 45 minutes to Yeovil and under an hour to Plymouth. This means our office is centrally located between the courts that we cover. Coming into the office means avoiding commuter traffic.
Ideally the successful candidate will help develop our Somerset work in Taunton and Yeovil family courts – but we are happy to consider applicants who are located elsewhere – our practice is very much built around its team.
To find out more about our practice visit our website at https://familylawandmediation.co.uk/
Please send your CV and covering letter in confidence to Ian Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org