Divorce is a Legal process and we believe that Mediation works best when the Mediator is also a practicing Solicitor.
Mediator and Solicitor
Our Solicitor-Mediator can assist by:
- Setting up the meetings in a way which allows negotiations the best opportunity to succeed. Meetings will be structured in a way best suited to your needs.
- Making sure negotiations are focused and fair.
- Assisting you to complete the level of financial disclosure that Courts and Lawyers will expect.
- Assisting you to access the information and advice you need to make informed decisions.
- Our Solicitor-Mediator can give up to date legal information and will inform you if proposals are not what a Court would consider reasonable.
- Our Solicitor-Mediator can assist you to access focused legal advice when you need it to make informed decisions.
We can refer you to financial experts if needed to enable you understand the range of financial options.
- Before joint proposals from mediation can become legally binding they need to be approved by a Judge. Our Solicitor-Mediator is not allowed to prepare a final Court Order because of rules which apply to all mediators, but he can make sure you have considered all relevant issues so that your mediated agreement is comprehensive and clear.
The cost of a successful mediation will be significantly less expensive than arguing in Court.
Call our experienced Family Law Solicitors, Divorce Lawyers or Mediators now
CALL: 03339 390188
Exeter (Head Office): 01392 248113
Bath: 01225 809399
Bristol: 0117 911 1215
Honiton: 01404 819098
Plymouth: 01752 545244
Plymouth (Plympton): 01752 545244
Shaftesbury: 01747 898332
Taunton: 01823 429183
Torquay: 01803 895228
Wells: 01749 987446
Weston-Super-Mare: 01934 806223
Yeovil: 01935 804466
Or find your local expert:
Advantages of a Specialist Family Law Solicitor and Mediator
When Companies resolve disputes through mediation they will take their lawyers with them to the mediation meeting.
In fact in most mediation that does not involve families, those in dispute routinely involve Solicitors in the mediation process to assist them to make informed decisions and to help them to protect their rights.
When families break-up a different style of mediation is used. The couple and the mediator meet together. The couple will usually take legal advice between meetings. They will need lawyers to prepare the final Court Order which will make their joint solutions legally binding.
There is inevitably a risk that important legal issues will be missed or solutions will be unfair. A Mediator who is not a Specialist Family Law Solicitor may not realise that the couple are making mistakes.
Our Mediated Settlement Programme
Our Mediated Settlement Programme offers flexibility. We are able to mediate using both the family model of mediation and the civil/commercial model of mediation. We will first of all meet with both of the couple and we will then decide together how best to proceed. This could be three way meetings, or with Solicitors or with different rooms.
Basically we will work out with you what is likely to work best.
Solicitor and Mediator
If we proceed without Solicitors present, you can have confidence that legal issues will not be overlooked.
Mediation is cheaper than arguing in Court
Arguing in Court can cost thousands of pounds. Can you afford not to join our Mediated Settlement Programme?