We are recruiting: Business Services Assistant / Paralegal (Full Time)
We are recruiting (again)
Despite the challenges in the wider world, 2020 has been an incredible year for us as a practice. We have moved office, and pretty much doubled in size as a business. We have also been recognised in the Legal 500 as being a leading family law practice. We are on track to have a legal team of around 15/16 qualified specialist family lawyers by Easter 2021.
What happened for us in 2021 were steps that were already planned – but coronavirus could have caused us massive problems. As we are finishing the year, we are mightily relieved and grateful that everything went so well for us. Our thoughts go out to those who have not been so lucky.
Unfortunately we are not able to have our normal Christmas party – where we would celebrate everyone’s hard work. That has to be on hold until the late spring/summer when it is safe to have a proper party.
As we end the year, it is clear to us that we need to strengthen our business support team. Below is a new role. We would hope to fill this post as soon as possible in January 2021 – and we will look at applications and arrange interviews during the Christmas period (the shortlisted candidates will hopefully be interviewed at the very start of January 2021.
We would like to wish everyone reading this post a very Happy and Safe Christmas. Let’s hope that 2021 is a fantastic year for everyone – and that those who have had difficulties or able to get their lives and careers back on track. Happy Christmas.
Business Services Assistant/Paralegal (Full Time)
- We are an award winning specialist Family Law Solicitors Practice; Modern Law Boutique Practice (11+ Employees) 2020.
- We are in the Legal 500.
- We are also one of the largest and fastest growing family law solicitors teams in the South-West.
- We are based in modern office premises (with parking) at Pynes Hill Business Park, Exeter.
- We are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our clients in the right way.
- We have a committed and friendly and inclusive team.
- We have exciting plans for 2021.
We have different options depending on the experience and skills of the successful applicant, but tasks likely to/may include;
- Paralegal assistance to fee earners
- Assist our Compliance Officer Legal Practice (COLP) and Compliance Officer Finance and Administration (COFA), Practice Manager and fee earning team with the maintenance and improvement of our compliance processes to help ensure we maintain the highest professional standards
- Proactive Client Care – assisting in ensuring our clients always feel looked after.
- Assist with Credit Control.
- Legal Aid billing and case management
- Data inputting including into our form and bundling software
- Work with onboarding team to take initial enquiries.
- Assist or Practice Manager with maintenance of LEXCEL Accreditation.
- Assist with checking and making grammatical amendments to website.
- To become one of our IT champions.
- Based in Exeter
- Experience of working within the law industry, ideally with a corporate/ Legal 500 practice.
- Will be very computer literate – ideally familiar with SOS Connect Case Management Software
- Good written English language skills
- Good people skills /Team player.
- A methodical and/or task orientated work style.
- Full-time, Permanent
- Market rate/subject to experience. Range £18,000 – £22,000
(we are a Real Living Wage employer)
- 5 weeks holiday P/A
NB – this is not a role which provides a route to qualification as a solicitor or legal executive. Progression with the role would be with the administration and smooth running of the practice.