We are recruiting: Family Law Solicitor: Divorce / Finance Law
We are recruiting a solicitor to join our divorce/finance team. NQ+
We already have one of the strongest family law teams in the south-west. This includes eight experienced solicitors.
We are firmly committed to the best practice divorce/finance law and to the Resolution Code of Practice.
Our director, Ian Walker is the long-standing chair of the Devon region of Resolution and a member of the Resolution DR committee. He is also a former member of the Law Society Family Law Committee, and a past trustee of the Family Mediators Association. Ian is an active collaborative lawyer and was instrumental in bringing collaborative law to Devon in 2005. Ian is also a member of the Law Society Family Mediation Accreditation Scheme and a Family Mediation Council accredited mediator.
We believe that being a dynamic niche practice gives us a long-term competitive advantage. How clients choose solicitors and utilise our services has changed considerably in the last 10 years and these changes are likely to continue. Being committed to sensible dispute resolution and being engaged in conversations about the development of the practice of family law will assist us to continue to attract good quality work.
- We are a dynamic and growing practice. Our managing partner has been shortlisted for practice manager of the year in the 2019 Law Society Excellence Awards.
- There is an opportunity to work with and learn from our existing team. In addition to Ian Walker, four of our solicitors have been partners and heads of the family law departments at previous practices.
- Our IT structure is cloud-based and easily supports flexible working and homeworking and paperless working.
- We hold Lexcel accreditation. We have the practice support you would expect including LEXIS PSL and software to create our own electronic bundles. We are also subscribe to various compliance and pricing software.
- We a happy to consider both fee share consultancy and employment.
- As the legal market develops it is becoming increasingly obvious that niche practice’s such as ourselves enjoy a competitive advantage over traditional high Street practices.
- We attract quality work from across our office network which is in Exeter, Taunton, Torquay, Honiton, Yeovil and Weston-super-Mare.
- We believe that skills are fundamental and would encourage training as a collaborative family lawyer and as a family mediator.
This is a fantastic opportunity with long-term prospects.
the successful candidate:
- will have a passion for children law
- will have good/good IT skills
- will be a team player with a sense of humour
- will have a good knowledge of legal aid and good time recording discipline
- they will either be a member of the relevant Law Society or Resolution accreditation is or ambitions to gain membership as soon as possible
- they will have an interest in collaborative family law and or family mediation
- they will be committed to the Resolution Code of Practice
A bit more about the job
Everyone in our team is theoretically based in Honiton office – which is the central location in our office network. This means they need to come into the office at least once a week so that they are fully part of the team (no competing and divisive branch cultures for us). However, there is very ample scope for flexible working.
Being based in Honiton has advantages. Our office is next to the A30 and has ample free parking. It is a 30 minute drive to central Taunton and to central Exeter. It is 45 minutes to Yeovil and under an hour to Plymouth. This means our office is centrally located between the courts that we cover. Coming into the office means avoiding commuter traffic.
Ideally the successful candidate will help develop our Devon work and in particular Exeter and East Devon – but we are happy to consider applicants who are located elsewhere – our practice is very much built around its team.
To find out more about our practice visit our website at https://familylawandmediation.co.uk/
Please send your CV and covering letter in confidence to Ian Walker at email@example.com