We are recruiting: Finance Manager (New Role)
We are one of the largest and fastest growing family law practices in the South-West. We are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our clients in the right way.
We have exciting plans for 2020 and we are seeking an additional member of our support team who will assist us in progressing the practice to the next level.
In the last seven years we have built a leading family practice in Devon and Somerset. Our achievements include:
- Gaining and retaining Lexcel Accreditation 6.1 with minimal non-compliances.
- Building a strongly performing website (traffic has increased by more than 4x even in the last year).
- Establishing a business model which has delivered a growth in turnover of around 50% each year for the last 5 years.
- Building a strong, committed and experienced team.
- Embedding a strong commitment to our IT infrastructure and innovation.
- Embedding a grown-up and supportive working environment where smart and flexible working are encouraged – no silly rules.
- Our founder being Highly Commended in the category of Practice Manager of the Year in the Law Society Excellence Awards 2019.
- Being shortlisted for Boutique Law Firm (11+ employees) 2020 in the Modern Law awards.
- You will be based in Exeter (outskirts).
- You will report to our director and practice manager.
- You will progress our legal aid bills and payment claims including in liaison with our external costs draftsman.
- You will undertake some legal cashiering.
- You will assist with payment control.
- You will assist with billing and credit control.
- Assisting with digital document management.
- (Providing some reception cover when occasionally needed).
Full-Time but part-time (three full days or shorter days) also considered.
Market rate/subject to experience.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Previous experience of legal aid billing (essential).
- Previous experience of cashiering in a law firm or knowledge of Solicitors accounts rules are essential.
- Familiarity with SOS practice management would be desirable although is not essential.
- We are a relatively small and happy team and personality is important – because everyone needs to get on.
How to apply
Please send your C.V. and covering letter in confidence to Ian Walker; email@example.com